Friday, July 14, 2006

Blogosphere buzz...

I know, it hasn't been long enough since the last post. Get over it.

A lot has been happening in the cycling world over the past several weeks. Lots of good stuff too. Two recent happenings though just have to get a bit more dialog going.

1) Interbike Times is a great new blog all about the great event that is Interbike. I love Interbike and have been a junky for many years now. The guys at Interbike Times- Rich Kelly, Chip Smith and Russell Page- have been working to put together a nice community supporting the industry's largest tradeshow.

This week, partly in response to comments from Tim Grahl and yours truly, Rich Kelly has posed the question on organizing a bike industry blogger hook-up during the show. If you're in the industry and will be attending Interbike this year, I strongly encourage you to go to the blog and give Rich and the guys your feedback. Heck, even if you won't be attending, I hope you'll visit the blog and give it a read and post a comment or two. Help me welcome the guys to the bikeosphere.

2) After listening to me preach about blogging for way too long now, as well as listening to one of their own employees talk about it, my very good friends over at SockGuy have launched a blog this week. SockGuy makes the best, most comfortable socks on the planet. No fooling, I almost never wear a pair of socks that isn't made by SockGuy. I'm going to a wedding on Sunday and you can bet that I will be wearing my SockGuy socks. Will it be the "Bitch" socks or the "Dopers Suck" socks? We'll have to see what my mood is on Sunday I guess, since I have a sock for nearly every mood.

Aside from the link love here, the significance of this is that another new industry blog has popped up on the scene. To me, this is great news. It is no secret to anybody who will stand still long enough for me to get going that I am a blogging advocate. Social/ interactive marketing is something that I really believe in. Each new bike-related blog that shows up makes me smile. The more we engage people in creating community (just for you Mack), the better off we'll all be collectively. The cycling industry has a lot of room for continued growth, especially in light of the high price of gas these days. By creating a stronger, more vibrant community of cycling enthusiasts, the better off we'll all be.

Anyway, I hope you'll all take a moment to visit these news blogs and give them both a big welcome... it's good for all of us.

Tim Jackson
Chief Kool-Aid Dispenser

Posted by Tim Jackson at 10:15 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Mack Collier posted at 3:30 PM  
    More bloggers talking about the importance of embracing and creating community. Now that makes ME smile ;)
  2. Blogger Yokota Fritz posted at 8:41 PM  
    I couldn't find the Sock Guy blog. My wife especially likes their socks -- I think she owns something like a dozen pair of Sock Guy socks.

    It's a ten hour drive from Santa Cruz to Vegas. Should I try to register for Interbike? I guess I need to get more serious about my reporting (again).

Post a Comment

« Home