Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Shameless self-promotion and thanks.

I was trying to add some new outbound links to the site tonight and realized that I also owe some serious thanks to some of the folks who've been added to the link section on the right. I hope you will check them all out and see why they are recommended reading, in my opinion.

You can start with some of the following reading... nice segue, don't you think?
Michael Wagner is one of the best writers I have encountered recently. He can take a small story from day to day life and turn it into a fantastic parable on Brand Ownership. I highly recommend giving his site a read.

Toby Bloomberg, the Diva of Marketing, is the bomb. I don't know how else to put it. She has also become a great blogging friend and has been very generous to yours truly.

The Blog Business Summit is a great read. The team of bloggers there is pretty amazing and the posts there range from Marketing to Technology to both. I frequently find myself nodding my head in agreement or writing notes when I read their posts. It's great stuff...

I've mentioned the Media Orchard before here. Many times actually. The Kool-Aid Krew has been lucky enough to be selected as a Pick of the Orchard more than once. Each time was a real honor too. Hands down, this site is one of the funniest sites you could hope to ever read about Marketing. I laugh my ass off on a regular basis.

The Marketing Profs Daily Fix Blog is one of my new favorites, and not just because I got a nice write-up there either. Ann Handley has assembled a team of bloggers that reads like a virtual Who's-Who of the Marketing consulting elite. This is a braintrust of serious talent. Both Toby and Michael are contributors to the site, which is how I learned about it, but the other authors there are pretty darned amazing too. I hope you'll give them a read.

Lastly, my old blogging buddy Jonathan Maus has done an amazing job of "building community" with his Bike Portland blog. It is an amazing resource for cyclists of all kinds in Portland. Jon is a pretty amazing guy and his site is pretty amazing too. Give it a read; if you live in Portland, this should be required by city law...

Anyway, I hope that you'll give these fine folks all a read and discover why I find them all so fascinating. More updates to the links will be coming over the next few weeks.

Tim Jackson
Chief Kool-Aid Dispenser

Posted by Tim Jackson at 11:09 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Scott Baradell posted at 3:56 AM  
    Thanks, Tim ... with that kind of butt-kissing, you're sure to be a Pick of the Orchard in the future as well ;)

    Seriously, I really appreciate the kind words.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:10 AM  
    Hey Tim, Gee...I'm blushing. Really though, thanks for your kind words.

    Remember, Masiguy was one of the first blogs I came across way back in the "old days"!
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:32 PM  
    I very much appreciate your encouraging words.

    Plus, I learned what in the world it is that I do - "Brand Ownership" parables. That is a helpful way for me to think about my writing!

    Keep creating, Mike

Post a Comment

« Home