Friday, February 03, 2006

Thanks!

Thank you for making us the number one source for cycling-related news and marketing analysis*. It's really an honor for us all.

Our good friend at BikeBiz in the UK has co-opted an article written here by my co-worker and Kool-Aid contributor Jill Hamilton for the upcoming new print version of the magazine. Carlton has graciously offered free subscriptions to US members of the cycling industry. I can't wait to get my hands on my first issue. I'm supremely flattered that Carlton chose to honor us with this little nod and am also exceptionally happy for Jill. Jill quietly goes about being damned good at her job at Haro and it makes me proud as a friend and co-worker to see her get the recognition she deserves. Good work Jill!

New member Chris Lesser (sidebar credit still pending... Chris...) has made quite a splash with his first offering to the Krew site. It seems pretty safe to assume that we'll be seeing more of the same kind of work from him. Well, between his trips down to the beach to work on his tan and find some fresh coconuts for his endless Pina Colada binges. Journalists... they scare me. I hope that you will all enjoy reading his posts as much as I know I will.

Donna Tocci has been dropping little notes here and there, "tidbits", if you will. She's been busier than a one-legged woman in an ass-kickin' contest over at Kryptonite and has a lot of really cool projects and people she's been working with/on. She's capable, any minute now, of uncorking a super post. She keeps warning me that she has "one brewing". I'm giddy with anticipation.

King Karl has been absolutely swamped with stuff. Karl is knee deep in shows and other projects that have him preoccupied, so you'll have to forgive his absence. He's been so swamped in fact, I can't remember the last time I got an email from him at all. (I guess I should send him a quick note...)

Chris Cashbaugh has been equally swamped with his "day job"... between shows and trying to run a marketing department. He's a slacker though, honestly. He's got way more talent than any one person should have. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when he returns from his work-induced hiatus.

Then there is our new father and friend and contributor Tim Grahl. Seeing as to how his son is only a couple weeks old, I think everybody will excuse his absence from posting for the time being. (Congratulations again Tim and Candace!) We all wish Tim and his family the very best and hope that some sleeping is happening.

Me? Well, my day job has been keeping me busy too. Lots of various things happening; finishing '07 product spec, working on graphics/ colors, working with magazines, working with our new pro team and too many other things to cover in a paragraph.

Since I am the one who was fool enough to start this project, I feel compelled to keep coming here to post little notes here and there. More will be coming and some new things will be happening. Working on more interviews, more feature stories on companies, more thoughts/ ramblings and some changes to the outbound links and things like that (housekeeping basically). Your visits are very much appreciated. I really had no idea that so many people would find this stuff interesting, nor did I expect to see so many people from the bike industry visiting so soon and so often. I guess what I'm getting at is another "thank you" to our readers.

So, thanks!

Tim Jackson
Chief Kool-Aid Dispenser
*according to my own opinion*

Posted by Tim Jackson at 9:19 PM

5 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:34 AM  
    i am going to throw in my 2cents here... as a fellow bike industry marketing person heres what i would like to see you guys do more on this site - analysis based on the coming together or your collective amrketing knowledge and how the academics and other skills of marketing help you (or not) to market bikes...

    For example:

    * how do go about analysing your target demographic and aligning your advertising and other marketing efforts accordingly.

    * which bike co's do good marketing, and why?

    * why is yr marketing at yr various co'd good marketing?

    * does the marketing mix effect the day to day decisions you make and the way you think strategically? 1 year, 2, 5?

    * the product life cycle for the bike industry is pretty much in decline. what can we, as marketers do to keep the industry we love ticking?

    * how important is brand equity in what we do?
  2. Blogger Yokota Fritz posted at 1:35 PM  
    In my opinion also this is the best bike marketing news resource!

    I'm with the anonymous commentor -- I'd also like to see some good analysis about what's coming up this year and so forth. How about a profile on Bill Fields?
  3. Blogger Yokota Fritz posted at 1:36 PM  
    Sorry, more here: How about signing Bill Fields up the Kool Aid Krew? Or are you afraid he'll push the Landcruiser too much?
  4. Blogger Guitar Ted posted at 1:37 PM  
    Tim, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this project. You've assembled quite a team, and I hope that it all comes together as planned!

    Secondly, congratulations on your pro team sponsorship! That's pretty exciting stuff! I wouldn't mind knowing how that affects Masi Cycles in the short term and long term. It would be interesting to see that from your unique perspective.
  5. Blogger Tim Jackson posted at 9:22 PM  
    Thanks to all for the comments. I could not have pulled this all off without the help of the contributors. Yes, I know that I do most of the posting, but it's basically because I can't shut the heck up. All of us have day jobs, so this project is not the highest priority but I really love what has been happening here and am very thankful for my partners here and the following of regular readers.

    Anonymous- Excellent topics. Some, if not all, will be talked about here in the coming weeks and months. Keep the suggestions coming. Like I said, I can't shut up, but even I run out of ideas from time to time.

    Fritz- You're too kind, but I agree with you... (I guess I should find out who Bill Fields is before I answer that...)

    Ted- You're generous too. Thanks. The A&F/Inferno team stuff will get covered a lot (mostly on Masiguy), so keep reading.

Post a Comment

« Home