Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Going once....Going twice....

Poor Tim has been keeping the Krew afloat here for awhile. But, I must say that he's been doing a fabulous job, don't you think?! Tim's as busy as the rest of us, but he either manages his time better or he doesn't sleep....I'm going for the 'no sleep' option.

Anyway, although cycling season is a ways off for some of us, I've found this little tidbit of information for you all that I thought you might be interested in to help pass the February weather.

The Tyler Hamilton Foundation's annual online auction is starting February 1st! As there was last year, there are all kinds of great items to bid on. Here are just a few for the cycling nut:
Jan Ullrich signed jersey
Robbie McEwen signed Lotto-Domo jersey
Pedro's, Pedro's, Pedro's, including the Super Pit Kit
Kryptonite lock set (of course!)
Best of all - Tyler and his wife, Haven, will host dinner for 4 at their house! Guess who's cooking? Andy Hampsten!

There are currently 116 items with more being added each day. You don't have to be a cycling nut to join in either. Check out some of these items:
Bath lovers basket
Indulged Doggie set and Dog Spa Set!
Ray Bourque signed Bruins jersey
And all kinds of trips - Orlando, NYC, DC, Maui and Tuscany

All of the proceeds go to the Tyler Hamilton Foundation. The THF "believes in the power of the bike! The Tyler Hamilton Foundation is dedicated to empowering lives through cycling. THF believes that cycling can heal and cyclists can help."
Good cause. Great items. Just thought you cycling fans might want to check it out. The auction goes to February 28th. I'll be bidding.....

And now I'll echo what Tim's been saying - we're all amazed at the recognition we've gotten here and we'll all try to do our best to be a real "Krew", not just an army of one.

Posted by Donna Tocci at 6:12 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Tim Jackson posted at 8:40 PM  
    Thanks Donna!

    It's always nice to get a compliment, especially from a friend you respect.

    For the record- I get about 4-5 hours of sleep each night. Even when I'm not on the computer trying to be smart/ funny, I get about that much sleep as I am a borderline insomniac. (I've heard that is common among geniuses and people with newborn babies- right Tim.)
  2. Blogger Yokota Fritz posted at 10:24 PM  
    I sleep about six hours per night myself.

    Are the jerseys in the auction washed?

Post a Comment

« Home