Monday, November 13, 2006

Marketing and blogs.

One of my best new friends is the inimitable CK (Christina Kerley). CK is one of the smartest, savviest and most sincere marketing people I have yet to meet. She's in great company with folks I "know" like Toby, Mack, Ann, Lewis, David, Paul and several others.

A few months back, she posed a question to her fellow marketers/ marketing professionals (and then me) about the one single thing of greatest value they receive from blogging. She asked this question of a group of really passionate and intelligent people (and also me) and waited patiently for their replies to roll in and then waited for the right time to spring this on them (and me).

This chart should be a cornerstone for anybody thinking of blogging for business (and anybody thinking of blogging for personal benefit too). As so many other people who are much smarter than me have already pointed out, this chart helps to point out and illustrate that not all marketers are soulless fiends out to empty your wallets. It also shines a light on the amazing humanity present in these fine folks that I get to call "peers"- even if I don't deserve to.

So I hope you'll take a minute or two to take a look at this great collage and see just how cool marketing and marketers can be. We have a lot to be proud of.

Tim Jackson
Chief Kool-Aid Dispenser

Posted by Tim Jackson at 8:53 PM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:44 AM  
    Thank you for such a kind post. This collage was as much a labor of love as it was a point about just what moves us to take the time, thought and trouble to blog...as you point out it's not about money and it's so fulfilling.

    I'm also encouraging other people to still voice into the poll as I'll update the collage over time and readers can add their .02 here:

    http://www.ck-blog.com/cks_blog/2006/08/voicein_wont_yo.html

    thanks again you cool blogger you :-).
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:05 AM  
    Tim,

    Thanks for the shout out. You are a cool dude! Must be the Kool-Aid.

Post a Comment

« Home