Saturday, October 11, 2008

Coming back from the dead...

Ok, I know I've said this at least a dozen times over the span of the past year or two, but I really am going to try to bring this site back from the dead. With all that is going on in the world economy and in the world of the cycling industry, it is time to find the time to start posting here again.

I will be doing my best to come back- even if on an irregular basis- and post commentary on what I believe is happening in the cycling world, specifically for the industry. The original focus of talking directly about the marketing aspects of the industry will become a bit blurred going forward. Speaking only about the marketing side of things seems a little like under serving the isues of the day. As the world economy spirals in a free fall, it is important to talk about the new and heightened rolls the cycling industry can play during this time.

So, whether my friends and esteemed contributors here are able to find the time and/ or energy to come here and speak too, you will at least be seeing me from time to time... with a bit more regularity than the past year or so.

Don't call it a comeback, because it won't feel like one completely. Call it a slow and erratic re-emergence from the dark little cave of being far too busy to organize my time better. That just sounds more truthful. That said, I'm glad to be back here in this space and I look forward to firing up the conversations and hopefully bringing insight to the cycling industry for those who are in it or just want to know more about it.

Thank you for your patience- I'd like to get your readership back!

Tim Jackson
Chief Kool-Aid Dispencer

Labels:

Posted by Tim Jackson at 12:03 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger gwadzilla posted at 7:38 PM  
    the beater bike is the bike that is making the comeback

    the Schwinn Varsity the original ten speed is doing what no modern day ten speed will ever do
    that bike is being dusted off thirty years after it left the shop and being ridden

    the modern age thin chain bikes with their disposable drive trains lack this sort of resilience

    10 speed may be good for sport
    but nothing more than an 8 speed cassette should be on the common man's bike

Post a Comment

« Home