Friday, December 16, 2005

Big thanks!

Two big "thank you"s to give today;

1st- Carlton Reid, editor of BikeBiz.com in the UK, wrote a very nice piece about our little project here today. Carlton has been good to me personally for quite some time, it probably helps that he and his children are both avid fans of track cycling, but this article today really made my day. Thank you Carlton and hello UK! I see today that virtually everybody in the UK cycling industry has been by to visit. Welcome and I sincerely hope you'll continue to visit us and contribute to the discussions here. Also, I see a bunch of new US faces here- welcome to you too. One big happy international cycling family!

2nd- Jill Hamilton made her first post here last night. Well, it was certainly worth the wait, wasn't it? Jill is an office mate of mine and has the terrible misfortune of having her cubicle next to mine. I have a feeling part of her posting stems from a desire to get me to leave her alone and stop nagging her about when she plans to post to the blog. Jill- I'll leave you alone now and let you get some work done.

Thanks to all for stopping by. All of us here hope to keep seeing you visit us and hope that you find the content worth reading. Please feel free to make suggestions and leave comments.

Tim

Posted by Tim Jackson at 9:31 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Yokota Fritz posted at 12:48 PM  
    Congrats on the mention by BikeBiz! You definitely have a quality blog going on here. Did you see also that Donna was mentioned today at BikeBiz?

    How does statcounter.com compare against Google Analytics?
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:59 PM  
    Great Blog and congrats on the mention by BikeBiz! I look forward to joining the ride.
  3. Blogger Donna Tocci posted at 2:05 PM  
    Hey Fritz: I did see both mentions today at BikeBiz, thanks! Carlton is always right on top of pretty much everything in the industry and I read that site each morning to start my day.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    Have a great weekend.
    Donna
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:22 AM  
    Thanks, Tim. And thanks Donna: I definitely think two namechecks in one day is a record on BikeBiz!

    I've bookmarked the ...Kool Aid site and I look forward to 'borrowing' a lot of ideas for the BikeBiz monthly mag!

    No doubt I'll be quoting stuff in the mag's QuoteUnquote section, too.

    I have a worry, though. There's now so much to read every day (cyclingnews.com, BRAIN, bike-eu.com, all the bike forums, usenet etc not to mention mainstream news sites) how on earth are we all going to do any actual work?
  5. Blogger Tim Jackson posted at 8:45 AM  
    Carlton,

    Donna and I have had this conversation several times. How do we get work done if all we are doing is patrolling the web and blogs and forums for mention of our products/ companies, trying to digest all of the news out there and then trying to be a part of the conversation as well. How do we do it? I don't think either of us have figured it out yet, but we're still pondering the question.

    When does too much information become too much?

Post a Comment

« Home